Democracy or Oligarchy?
Print this page.
Complete the sentences below. Then use the clues to solve the crossword puzzle.
(You may need to shrink the page before you can print it)
2. The _ _ _ _ _ _ _ was a group of 500 men in Athens whose job
was to bring business before the Assembly.
4. The _ _ s _ _ _ _ _ was the meeting of all voting citizens.
8. O _ _ _ a _ _ _ _ , the system where only a few men ruled.
9. _ _ _ _ t _ was a city-state where there was an oligarchy.
1. C _ _ _ _ _ were places where citizens went to find justice.
3. D _ _ _ c _ _ _ _ is the system where many rule.
4. The ten a _ _ _ o _ _ were elected in Athens to rule for one year.
5. _ _ _ _ _ _ was the city-state where democracy was born.
6. The two _ _ _ _ _ were the heads of state in Sparta.
7. The _ _ n _ t _ , or Gerousía was a group of 28 men in Sparta who
prepared laws to present to the Assembly.
This web site works best with Windows Internet Explorer
Copyright ©2011, 2015 NostosBooks.com. All rights reserved
NostosBooks Stories and workbooks for children coming to Greece
Notice: This page is from the author’s e-book “Let’s learn about Greece” and is the copyrighted property of Aliki Ammerman. Permission is given to children and teachers to use the material on this page for educational purposes only. For more pages like this, as well as facts about Greece, order the book “Let’s learn about Greece” at: http://www.nostosbooks.com/index_files/letslearnaboutgreece.htm
Democracy or oligarchy?
Try also these!